DaCapo Disability Services
1107 – 2 Ave. A North
Lethbridge, AB T1H 0E6
1107 – 2 Ave. A North
Lethbridge, AB T1H 0E6
Counselling, Outreach, and Education
1098 - 3 Ave. North
Lethbridge, AB T1H 0H7
1410 Mayor Magrath Dr. South #106
Lethbridge, AB T1K 2R3
Angel Tree Stewardship Report
January 6, 2022
Angel Tree Christmas Campaign Stewardship Report
Once again this year, you gave children and their families the opportunity, the gift, to find courage, relief and inspiration within themselves just because you noticed, cared, and supported an organization who is inspired by this same vision.
About Angel Tree
- This was the 29th Anniversary of our Angel Tree Christmas Campaign.
- 1st Choice Savings & Credit Union remained our presenting sponsor for their 19th year.
- 117 businesses, schools, and organizations became drop off locations or held internal campaigns.
- Volunteers began gift bundling on November 12 at a rate of 75-100 completed bundles per day, every day during the campaign.
- We recruited a group of trusted shoppers who found the best deals and discounts on thousands of toys, books, gloves, toques, blankets, learning items, specialty items, sensory toys, art items, gift cards, grocery cards, sports equipment and much more.
- Gifts came in slower than expected this year, and we spent over $75,000 on gifts by December 10!
- On December 10, when we asked for help, the community responded with extreme generosity and we were able to provide bundles to the last 800 children.
Each child received one carefully crafted gift bundle worth $65 – $85, containing:
- Something on their wish list
- Something inspirational to fuel their imaginations
- Something educational to nourish their minds
- Something warm or soft (blanket, stuffie, toque, scarf, mitts, socks)
Angel Tree dedicated web pages on www.lfsfamily.ca were created and completely sponsored by Internet Solutions, powered by FiveGlobes:
- Online registration doubled: over 800 families registered online.
- We kept registration open until Christmas Eve and delivered gifts up to that day.
- All Drop-Off Locations were listed and Google mapped.
- Virtual Angels: donors could choose an online angel for their gift purchases.
- All gift suggestions by age group, were listed online.
- Adopt-A-Family: increased by 50% from 67 families in 2020 to 101 families in 2021.
- Families could: a) pick up gift bundles from the Angel Tree Toy Depot b) receive gift bundles from their referral agency or c) have gift bundles delivered right to their homes.
- For the second year, Melcor Developments donated space for the Angel Tree Toy Depot in the Melcor Centre Mall.
- We ensured that strict confidentiality and COVID protocols were in place.
Angel Tree Christmas Campaign ResultsDemographic assessment
In 2021, a total of 3,274 babies, children and youth between 0 -18 years of age, received gift bundles. This was the largest number we have ever experienced and increased over last year by 301 children.
- 0 – 24 months: 413 children
- 3 – 5 years old: 528 children
- 6 – 9 years old: 817 children
- 10 – 12 years old: 749 children
- 13 – 18 years old: 767 children
- Donations: Online, mail-in, or in-person options.
- Angel Tree donors gave over $190,000 to the campaign
- A 10 year old boy who wished that his brother could get a skateboard so he could get to school on time
- A little girl that wanted dog treats for her puppy….a puppy that kept her sister’s heart happy
- Something pretty….something new….something sparkly….a candle….a winter coat….
- And then there was a single mother and her three children, living at the YWCA Harbor House for reasons that shouldn’t happen to a human being. She was chosen to be a part of our Adopt-a-Family program and we waited a long time to deliver the family their gifts. On Dec 23, the family finally moved into their new home but couldn’t be reached. We were determined to bring this little family the joy they deserved. On Dec 24, in the afternoon, a volunteer Angel Tree driver, loaded with gifts, walked up to the family’s home holding a giant stuffed animal we received the day before. The children answered the door. I was told they couldn’t believe what they saw. It was pure joy and pandemonium and squeals of excitement….and it was hope personified. As the driver walked away, a person called out and said, “I just wanted to say thank you. You made their Christmas.”
With warmth and gratitude. It has been a privilege.