"This is the community to get old in and I can not say enough about the services offered. If it were not for LFS, many of us would be in senior homes. However, thanks to LFS, we are able to stay in our home."
– Home Services Client
ABOUT HOME SERVICES
Operating since 1959, our Certified Health Care Aides provide in-home supports to enable seniors, individuals with physical disabilities, acute, and the chronically ill or terminally ill to remain in their home for as long as possible.
Personal care, palliative care, respite care and specialized services supported by RN’s, LPN’s, HCA’s and Administrative personnel.
Providing services in Southwestern Alberta centralized in Lethbridge; west from Taber to the BC border; north to Enchant; and northeast to Hays including: Central: Lethbridge - Coalhurst North: Enchant - Picture Butte - Monarch - Shaughnessy Areas West: Fort Macleod - Granum - Pincher Creek - Lundbreck Areas; Crowsnest Pass - Hillcrest - Bellevue - Frank - Blairmore - Coleman East: Coaldale - Taber - Barnwell - Vauxhall - Hays
Am I Eligible?
A Home Care nurse completes an intake assessment and the following is taken into consideration to determine eligibility
- may be acute, chronically or terminally ill
- will have a need for assistance
- must be agreeable to the treatment and support services being provided in the home. The client is responsible for providing the necessary equipment and supplies for services
- home environment must be conducive to an adequate standard of care and service for the individual and safety for the Care Aide
- must be under the care of a physician and be a resident of Alberta, registered under the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- have no immediate need for in-patient hospitalization
- request for services may be made by anyone; the client, the clients’ family/friends, acquaintances, guardian, Home Care Coordinator, Benefits worker.
Where Is The Service Provided?
In your place of residence within LFS/HS operational areas.
Hours of Operation
Client service hours – 24 hours, 7 days/week
If you are eligible for supports under Alberta Health Services there is no fee; however, fees can also be paid privately if support is a private request for assistance. As a non-profit organization, you will find our quotes reasonable and competitive.
Call 403-317-4624 for a rate or service quote.