Friend of the Family Award
Do you know someone who has gone above and beyond and helped build stronger individuals and families in Southern Alberta?
GUIDELINES FOR FRIEND OF THE FAMILY AWARD
If so, please consider nominating them for the Friend of the Family Award. This award is provided every year through Lethbridge Family Services in an effort to say thank you to individuals and organizations that are building a stronger community. The guidelines for the award are listed below.
Please click here for the nomination form.
Forms can be submitted to:
Selection Criteria - The award has been designed to recognize nominees on the basis of:
· Excellence in service to a life cause or issue related to family life.
· Excellence in direct service to a family or families.
· Highly exemplary action on behalf of an individual or distressed family.
1. The awards will be presented annually to one nominee from each of the following 2 categories:
· Business, group or non-profit organization.
Current Lethbridge Family Services staff and board members are not eligible to receive the award until one year after they have ended their association with the agency.
2. Nominations will be solicited broadly from the community. Nomination forms will be available at the office of Lethbridge Family Services (LFS) and will also be periodically distributed at meetings of various community groups.
3. Selection process includes a review by the LFS management staff of all nominees with recommendations submitted to the LFS Board. The Board will make the final decision on the recipients.
4. The Awards will be in the form of a small plaque to be given to each recipient. In addition, the names of all recipients will be displayed in a plaque at the LFS facility.
5. Presentation of the awards will be made to recipients at the LFS Annual General Meeting.
6. Publicity will include a press release announcing recipients as well as an article in the LFS newsletter.