Settlement and Community Supports Program
Complete an intake form.
Follow up and make an appointment with Graydon at GBurbank@lfsfamily.ca or
Our Settlement and Community Supports program offers settlement assistance to temporary residents with an eligible work permit, refugee claimants, and naturalized citizens. If you are working in Canada with a work permit, a refugee in the process of claiming asylum, or someone who recently became a Canadian citizen we may be able to assist you.
What We Offer
- Help identifying settlement needs and referring you to the appropriate service providers for assistance
- Group and one-on-one orientation sessions to help you learn and understand Canadian norms and potential immigration pathways to Permanent Residency
- Help to communicate effectively with your employer and understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee
- Interpretation and translation services as needed
- A temporary resident with an eligible work permit
- A refugee claimant in the process of claiming refugee status
- A recent Naturalized Canadian Citizen still in need of settlement support
All eligible newcomers are welcome to access this service funded by the Government of Alberta.
Download poster, click here.