Fill out an intake form and email to PMcMorran@lfsfamily.ca to make an appointment
with the employment practitioner or call 403-320-1589.
Our Employment Program helps to bridge the gap between Internationally Educated Professionals and Lethbridge employers. The program consults with stakeholders such as employers, regulatory bodies, and local employment-support organizations to collaborate on addressing the employment-related needs of Internationally Educated Professionals.
We help Internationally Educated Professionals gain the non-technical skills to transition smoothly to the Canadian workplace through a combination of employment counselling, preparation for licensure/certification, information sessions, professional mentorship, and work placement supports in order to achieve these goals.
The Employment Program also looks to address the needs of local employers in hiring and retaining Internationally Educated Professionals through a combination of education and workshops.
What We Offer
- Employment Counselling – One-on-one support to prepare your resume/cover in a Canadian format. Learn how to conduct a job search in Canada. Practice mock interviews to present your work and education experience in a Canadian context.
- Preparation for Licensure/Certification – Do you work in a regulated profession? Are employers or educational institutions not recognizing your credentials? Are you unsure about the appropriate licensing bodies? Are you struggling to collect all the appropriate documentation or unsure of what you need? Are you struggling to pay the cost of the accreditation? We can help!
- Information Sessions – Participate in monthly information sessions with your peers. Gain valuable networking opportunities; learn about Canadian soft skills, Canadian workplace culture, how to network and how to establish connections in Canada.
- Mentorship – Get connected one-on-one with a mentor in your professional or educational background. Gain valuable insight into your profession in a Canadian context. Expand your professional network in your field.
- Work Placement – Access the opportunity to gain valuable Canadian work experience and develop soft skills in your intended area of employment.
- Connector Program – Match. Connect. Refer. Be matched for a 30 minute meeting with an industry expert in your field to discuss your areas of expertise and industry details. Once the meeting is complete, get referred to three additional connections in that connector’s network.
- Are a permanent resident or live in caregiver who has lived in Canada for 3 years or less
- Possess foreign credentials
- Have a university or college degree
All eligible newcomers are welcome to access this service funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
|Fill out an intake form and email to PMcMorran@lfsfamily.ca to make an appointment with the employment practitioner or call 403-320-1589.|