Seniors Community Access Services
Seniors Community Access Services assist individuals to develop and maintain skills and relationships that enhance their connectivity to the community, well-being and independence. Services vary according to the strengths and anticipated needs of each individual. Skill development can include :
- Maximizing an individual’s physical, material and emotional well-being
- Enhancing personal development and self-determination
- Developing community connectedness
- Participating in volunteer opportunities
- Developing natural supports
- Developing awareness and connections with community resources
- Receiving assistance with personal care routines
- Developing personal safety skills
- Participating in activities that develop personal wellness (fitness, range of motion, etc)
- Accessing educational opportunities
- Participating in recreational and leisure activities
Am I eligible?
- Individuals must be over the age of 45
- Must have the primary diagnosis of developmental disability, brain injury or a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
- Meet the requirements of available funding source (i.e. PDD, Alberta Health Services, private, etc)
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in the service
- Not currently experiencing or have a history of engaging in behaviors that may place other clients, staff or the community at significant risk
- Complete assessments as requested
- Have access to transportation to and from DaCapo
Where is the service provided?
Services are provided within the city of Lethbridge at various locations depending on the needs
How much will it cost?
Program funding is provided by a funding source (i.e. PDD, Alberta Health Services, WCB, private)
Individuals are responsible for a monthly user fee ranging from $7.50-$37.00/month depending on services accessed
How do I access this program?
Participants are referred to DaCapo through appropriate funding body
Individuals with private funding can contact DaCapo directly
Individuals seeking service that do not have funding in place will be directed to the appropriate funding body
Who do I contact for more info?
For more information, please contact
Michelle Gjerlaug, Program Manager
403-320-9119 or email@example.com
Program OutcomesAssist individuals with disabilities to develop and maintain skills and relationships that enhance their connectivity to the community, well-being and independence while leading productive, meaningful lives in their community
Online ResourcesPersons With Developmental Disabilities